With policies and guidelines changing on a weekly basis, it can be challenging for companies to keep up with the best ways to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic....
A Year of Important “Health and Safety Awareness Events” to Share on Your Digital Signage
Close-up Of A Businesswoman Making Agenda On Personal Organizer At Workplace
Generating new content ideas throughout the year can be challenging. To help save you hours of research, we’ve compiled a comprehensive list of awareness days or months that you can share with your employees through your digital signs.
We’ve also included a link to additional resources where you can find more information, relevant tips, and statistics that will help bring awareness around these important safety and health initiatives.
Also, each month we will be sharing an awareness video that you can download and add to your digital signs
How to Use This List
To get the most out of this comprehensive resource list, we recommend the following steps:
Review the list below and highlight the topics that are most relevant to your employees.
Compare the list you’ve chosen to your current annual content campaign. (Don’t have one? Here’s how to build your annual plan.)
Share between departments. If you are an EHS leader, you can also collaborate with HR to find topics that may coincide with your benefits package. Sharing information with employees to benefit their health and safety at work or at home also increases employee engagement.
- Review the links below for each topic you added to your safety plan and gather your core messages. You’ll find social posts, statistics, links to other resources, ideas, and more.
Preload and schedule your content. Indigo’s scheduling tools can help you organize your content in advance so you can set it and forget it - scheduling your content months in advance.
Health and Safety Awareness Events by Month
* Additional resources available through Indigo’s Content Library
- National Blood Donor Month * - https://www.adrp.org/NBDM
- Home Office Safety and Security Week (2nd week in January) - https://choosework.ssa.gov/blog/2020-01-30-working-remotely-home-office-safety-and-security or https://www.mediapro.com/free-course-stay-secure-work-from-home/
- Data Privacy Day * (Jan 28th) - https://staysafeonline.org/data-privacy-day/
- National Heart Health Month * - https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/education-and-awareness/heart-month
- National Cancer Prevention Month * - https://www.preventcancer.org/event/national-cancer-prevention-month-2021/
- National Burn Awareness Week (1st week in Feb) - http://ameriburn.org/prevention/burn-awareness-week/
- National Nutrition Month * - https://www.eatright.org/food/resources/national-nutrition-month
- Workplace Eye Wellness Month - https://preventblindness.org/march-is-workplace-eye-wellness-month/
- National Ladder Safety Month - https://laddersafetymonth.com/
- National Poison Prevention Week (3rd week in March) - https://poisonhelp.hrsa.gov/what-you-can-do/poison-prevention-week
- National Autism Acceptance Month - https://www.autism-society.org/get-involved/national-autism-awareness-month/
- Distracted Driving Awareness Month * - https://www.nsc.org/road-safety/get-involved/distracted-driving-awareness-month
- National Public Health Week - (1st week in April) - http://www.nphw.org/
- National Work Zone Awareness Week - April 26-30 - https://www.nwzaw.org/
- Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month * - https://www.aafa.org/asthma-and-allergy-awareness-month/
- National Mental Health Month - https://www.mhanational.org/mental-health-month
- National Melanoma Skin Cancer Awareness Month * - https://www.skincancer.org/get-involved/skin-cancer-awareness-month/
- National Stroke Awareness Month * - https://www.cdc.gov/stroke/communications_kit.htm
- Building Safety Month - https://www.iccsafe.org/building-safety-month/
- National Women’s Health Week (Mother’s Day Week) - https://www.cdc.gov/women/nwhw/index.htm
- National Safety Awareness Month * - https://www.nsc.org/work-safety/get-involved/national-safety-month
- National Men’s Health Week (Father’s Day week) - https://www.cdc.gov/healthequity/features/nmhw/
- National Grilling Month * - http://foodsafetytrainingcertification.com/food-safety-news/national-grilling-month-food-safety/
- National Fireworks Safety Month - https://www.nfpa.org/fireworks
- National Immunization Awareness Month - https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/events/niam/index.html
- OSHA Safe and Sound Week - 2nd week in Aug - https://www.osha.gov/safeandsoundweek
- National Suicide Prevention Month - https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/promote-national-suicide-prevention-month/
- National Preparedness Month - https://www.ready.gov/september
- National Food Safety Education Month * - https://www.foodsafetyfocus.com/national-food-safety-month-2020
- National Farm Safety and Health Week - 3rd week in Sept - http://www.necasag.org/nationalfarmsafetyandhealthweek/
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month * - https://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/breast-cancer-awareness-month
- National Protect Your Hearing Month * - https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/noise/
- Fire Prevention Week * (Week of October 8th) - https://www.nfpa.org/fpw
- The Great American Smokeout * (3rd Thursday in November) - https://www.cancer.org/healthy/stay-away-from-tobacco/great-american-smokeout.html
- National Diabetes Awareness Month * - https://www.diabetes.org/community/american-diabetes-month
- National Impaired Driving Prevention Month * - https://www.trafficsafetymarketing.gov/get-materials/drunk-driving/drive-sober-or-get-pulled-over/holiday-season
- Safe Toys & Gifts Month - https://nationaltoday.com/safe-toys-and-gifts-month/